Wednesday, April 23, 2014

profound and ordinary

My life is mostly just ordinary moments strung together.

And because of this, I have a profound reverence for it.

There have been heart-breaking days in which I have longed for ordinary. But they also taught me that ordinary is a gift.

Ordinary puts it all in perspective.

I think what scared me most about traveling to Seattle, and then to the secluded and safe San Juan Islands was for the past week or two, my ordinary has clung to me. It has been hot and sticky and angsty and made it hard to breath. I didn't have any moments when I wanted to fall to pieces over the beauty of a flower, or the tiny dimpled hands around my neck in the morning. 

I ached for different and exciting and new. 

And today I finally, finally, finally found my moming and life rhythm. I could dance with myself again, without stepping on my toes. I noticed and even enjoyed the music while I was dancing with me. Yesterday the wind and the silence filled up the spots that were empty. I need to actively silence more.

 photo _MG_1135_zpsb2bfdd7d.jpg
And today the grocery store was fun, because I was with him. I love his little puppet mouth.

 photo _MG_1141_zps79d55467.jpg
I tried to get him to take a picture with this kale...

 photo _MG_1143_zps58ca418f.jpg
But he kept throwing it out of the cart... I swear.


 photo _MG_1147_zpsef1cea75.jpg
And I got a kick out of ordinary things like this. The champagne of beers? They are being funny- right? (And PS- I was still at a red light for this photo).


And today, with the wind blowing and the sun shining, I drove to pick up Grey from preschool. And The Beatles Here Comes the Sun came on- my favorite version. And chills exploded on top of goosebumps and tears filled my eyes but didn't spill over. And just like that, I realized I was back.



Do you know those moments, when a sign from life almost knocks you over? Those aren't mistakes. Nope. Not a coincidence either. Those are gifts, my Friend. Profound and ordinary gifts. 


Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here

 photo _MG_1155_zps50cc3205.jpg
Yes you are my son. And it's my life mission to help. And everyone here reading? You are helping too. 

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right



 photo _MG_1168_zps8058c56e.jpg


Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here




 photo _MG_1177_zps61b6b849.jpg
And we waited...

 photo _MG_1189_zps5aabd6ec.jpg
and waited...

 photo _MG_1195_zpsada79d02.jpg




 photo _MG_1211_zpsc2eacf9f.jpg

 photo _MG_1221_zpsef6b5e22.jpg

 photo _MG_1238_zps580fd48f.jpg

And it was good. Everyday, ordinary and so good. Which is my favorite, I remembered today.

 photo _MG_1248_zps2982976c.jpg
Photo by Frank. 


Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
It's all right, it's all right

Big Fat Hugs,

Chrissy

Find Life with Greyson + Parker on Facebook
And on Instagram @lifewithgrey




14 comments:

  1. oh, kale.

    and sunshine

    and finding the balance between longing and content... and you CAN be both.

    xo

    e

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with him about the kale. And I agree with you about everything else. Thanks for your perspective. You have no idea how much it helps me. No. Idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your posts, this one especially, and think, "wow, if we didn't live on opposite sides of the country we could be best good friends." Does that sound crazy? Probably. Either way... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again such a great reminder for my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing and pictures bring tears to my eyes. I get inspired when I read your blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a happy post! and, what a great pic of Grey at school. thanks for inviting us in every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I need that today, Krissy...thanks for the reminder to find the awesome in the ordinary...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissy! New here. Found you by way of etst. Been reading for a few weeks. I don't always have time to comment but had to today. I mean, your boys.....they are just gorgeous. But I wanted to say that I am glad you had that moment. I've had them and they are amazing and yes, ordinary, but profound. Your writing is so inspiring and insightful. Full of love and honesty. I'm glad I found you. xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frank's a photographer too! I can feel the sun coming through your photos and words. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE Frank, and trash truck days!!! To see his graciousness always warms my heart. What a wonderful human.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love! I needed this today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read this last night and I wanted to tell you how much I loved it and you.
    Here comes the sun....
    xoxoxoxo
    BIG FAT HUGS back.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. That picture with Frank? Love. :)

    ReplyDelete